Charming Institute of Aesthetic & Regenerative Surgery , Taiwan
|2022/7/1||14:30-15:00||Step by Step to Perform the Mirco-Autologous |
Fat Transplantation (MAFT) for Breast Augmentation
– Live demo step by step
|Ircad Taiwan – 3F(實驗室) [For Course A]
Ircad Taiwan – 1F(大講堂) [For Course B]
|2022/7/3||14:40-15:20||Lipofilling in Breast Reconstruction & Aesthetic Surgery|
– How I do it
with invited commentary by Yuko Asano, Japan (10 mins)
|彰基國際培訓中心 – B1 (愛廳) [For Course A + B + C]|
Breast cancer is ranked third of the ten leading causes of death in Taiwan in 2019 (second in the US). Substantial physical insults and tremendous psychological influence come out, highlighting the importance and necessity of reconstructive breast surgery for patients post-mastectomy. Excellent contouring of female breasts is always regarded as essential for self-esteem. Both issues necessitate mammoplasty, a hot topic for decades.
Micro-autologous fat transplantation (MAFT) was first proposed by Lin et al. in 2007; clinically, it has been proved the feasibility in facial recontouring and rejuvenation. An innovative surgical instrument provided surgeons with precise and micro-delivering of tiny fat parcels by enhancing the fat survival/retention rate and eliminating the potential complications.
The authors have performed more than 300 cases of aesthetic and reconstructive with the MAFT technique under total intravenous anesthesia in the past ten years.
The authors will present an evolutionary surgical technique in detail in this presentation. Though there exist huge debates concerning the strategies for aesthetic and reconstructive mammoplasty, a ten-year more MAFT personal experience offers an alternative for plastic surgeons while looking for a better resolution.
- Currently the director of the Charming Institute of Aesthetic & Regenerative Surgery
(CIARS) in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Presently an editorial board member of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Assistant professor of Kaohsiung Medical University.
- Dr. Lin completed his residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital in Taiwan.
- After residency, he completed the fellowship of st em cell research at Michigan State University, U.S.
- Later, and he obtained his Ph.D. from Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital. His research focused on the isolation of Adipose Derived Stem Cells (ADSCs).
- Tsai Ming Lin, M.D., Ph.D. is a board certified plastic surgeon in Taiwan specializing in plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries. He is best known for his theory of Micro Autologous Fat Transplantation (MAFT), and he is also the inventor of MAFT GUN, a micro scale injector.
- He has given presentations on micro autologous fat transplantation at scientific meetings worldwide and has cont inuously published papers.
- Dr. Lin has published over eighty articles in scientific journals indexed in SCI. Since 2015, he has published more than t wenty articles related to the clinical applications of the MAFT technique in textbooks and journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Annals of Plastic Surgery, Clinics in Plastic Surgery, Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, etc. H e has also published a digital textbook detailing the techniques of MAFT.
- He is now a member of numerous organizations, including Taiwan Surgical Association, Taiwan Society of Plastic Surgery, Taiwan Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Association of Hyperbaric and Undersea Medicine of the Republic of China, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), Americ an Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), and the International Society of Plastic and Regenerative Surgery (ISPRES).